Monday, September 12, 2005

Coda: Rasputin's Wrath

[Edit 16/9/05]
I'm afraid that this post no longer contains a quote from one of us, because Rasputin was fairly annoyed at the former contents of this post (if you know what it used to say, don't spread it around please.) I apologise sincerely to Rasputin.

So now it quotes something else instead. It's still funny.

[Original material]
I'm also going to use this post to mention an interesting blog I found through a comment left on Bailey's brother's website. LighterFluid (you KNOW the name was going to catch my eye!) is a group effort like ours, although in a completely different vein and has been going for longer. (Although we've been established for a while, just offline, aren't we archaic.)

Anyway, the first thing I saw there was the motto:
We're Australian, we're women, we're better than you.

I wondered how seriously they mean that, but that's irrelevant at the moment anyhow. My point is, we could have a motto almost exactly like that:
We're English, we're women, we're better than you.

Note to our 'more mature' readers - the B in the previous sentence should actually be a W.

I thank you.

[To the casual reader, especially Bourbonbird, whose link I followed: this is funny because approximately half of us are Irish (the rest are English but ooh! the tension!), only approximately half of us have been proven to be women, and... 'nuff said.]

2 Comments:

Blogger Richard Manns said...

Oooooh, oooooh, you haven't proved that I'm a woman yet - *pours water over self to to prove betness*

7:43 pm  
Blogger Apples said...

Awesome. It should read, 'The Quote Book - half of us are women, and we're better than the other half.'

11:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home