Thursday, December 29, 2005

Is it coz I is black?

Explanatory Note - Dr. Fan is Trinity's Pharmacology supervisor, and has sent us Xmas parcels of work...

Bailey says:
I hate having set work to do...
Richard Manns | My fluffy toy collection will knife-fight your fluffy toy collection... says:
And our essays back.
Bailey says:
ha - I don't think he knows what he's done with half of mine
Bailey says:
oh yeah - I meant to say in the email that I hadn't got Fan's work yet - do you think it's racist to refer to it as a SuperHappyFun HappySmile FanPharm Pack?

6 Comments:

Blogger Cez said...

I don't get it.

4:12 am  
Blogger Richard Manns said...

The "SuperHappyFun" stuff is a reference to Japanese cartoons - you know that sort of thing...

11:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was the name of the game show in the episode of The Simpsons where they go to Japan?

[checks]

"Happy Smile Super Family Challenge Wish Show!"

4:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, if you want to make fun of Japanese shows, use the following words to excess:

1) Happy

2) Fun

3) Smile

4) (most important) SUPER

:P

4:38 am  
Blogger Cez said...

In that case, no, I don't think it's racist. Especially since Dr. Fan is Chinese.

11:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely it's somehow worse that way, because that means you think all Asian/Oriental people are the same (or don't care if there are differences)?

2:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home