Monday, September 05, 2005

On the use of Cambridge-specific expletives

Long one, but anyway:

Cez says:
country, it's busy again
Bailey says:
what??
Cez says:
the phone
Bailey says:
oh right
Bailey says:
"country" being an expletive?
Cez says:
indeedy
Cez says:
i'm cleaning up my act
Cez says:
For Caians and country !
Bailey says:
heehee
Bailey says:
you know, that's like the two opposites
Bailey says:
Caians = buggery
Bailey says:
country = the place buggers don't use
Cez says:
bwa babab
Cez says:
bwa hahahaha, evenm
Cez says:
bababababa
Cez says:
but yeah, i'm covering all my exits there


- conversation between Sarahs Tang and Donnelly, approx. 3.15pm GMT, 05/09/05

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stuffez-vous, connard.

5:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Est-ce qu'il y a des autres de Cochon Bleu (BBO :P) qui...

nah, sod le francais.

Any Quote Book contributors/commentators interested in having a "sarcastic reply to spammers" friendly competition?

If no other spam appears here... then pick a spam comment from a blog site that appeals to you, and give 'em hell.

Best comments get a Ferrero Rocher when I get back to Cam. :D

5:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Je serai sûr de dire mes amis au sujet de votre blog qu'ils l'aimeront juste comme je . Vérifiez le mon 'cash back credit card' site. "

Is it just me, or is that *really* bad French?

Here's my stab at the translation:
"I will be sure to tell my friends on the subject of your blog that they will like it just like I...[trail off as there should be another word after "je" to make any sense...]. Check the my 'cash back credit card' site."

Hm. Anyone for Google-translated spam?

1:52 am  
Blogger Cez said...

Je suis sur que je disai a mes amis au sujet de votre blog qu'ils aimeront meme comme j'aime.

That looks vaguely better, but I'm rusty, so it's probably still got mistakes in it.

9:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have used "je l'aime". Possibly also "je dirai" but I don't remember if that's right or not. Me also rusty.

*creeeeeaaaak*

9:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home